Monday, February 9, 2009

Wall-E's Birthday


OK so it's was Koa's birthday this past week or as we have all come to know him Wall-E. Kekoa has refused to be called Koa for almost a month now insisting instead that he is Wall-E. So what better way to celebrate Wall-E's birthday than with a Wall-E birthday. His only guest, Joey. Mostly because I didn't have time to have a big party but also because dear sweet Joey is one of the only kids who has not gotten sick of Koa asking if he can be Wall-E at 30 second intervals. So we invited Joey to Chucky Cheese and then meet up with the rest of the cousins later for cake and ice cream. Notice the number 10 candle on the cake. Kekoa is nothing if not unique and methodical. Everything that calls for a quantity is done in tens these days. Anything that requires a color be chosen is White. This cake is the culmination of all things Koa right now. A white cake, white frosting, with Wall-E and the number 10 on top. I love being his mom.

squirt gun racing

I couldn't find anyone that had Wall-E balloons, so I improvised. Koa thought it was so cool he requested Eve and Mo too.


"foreign contaminant". have you seen the movie? It's really pretty cute.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those balloons are AWESOME! I want one.

How fun.

Laura said...

hello!!!??? you are so talented! i'm glad "wall-e" had a fun party. he had announced in primary one day helping me that he was wall-e and joey said he was eve. it was great.

cally said...

Those balloons are great! Where was I? Did I see them?

Fun fun.

Kay said...

I love our unique Koa so much. I have enjoyed having he ask me, "Grandma, can I be Wall-E." What a wonderful imagination he has! Sorry we missed his party because we were in Atlanta.

mer said...

Mandy you are fabulous! Didn't we just throw him a party like last month?...I can't believe it's been a year. The balloons are fab. The cake is equally perfect. Atticus would have gone nuts as he is also VERY into wall-e. miss you guys a ton!

Katina Angola said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOA!!!!

Yo Mama said...

That party was a true credit to your creativity: the ballons, the cake, the symbolism. I loved it. I'm sure Calvin will love to look at this post.